Fall Colors

tracyTracy said:

whenever september rolls around i go pen shopping.

do you have a fall ritual?

*Off-topic or inappropriate comments will be edited or deleted.

14 comments | trackback | RSS feed for comments on this post

Sasami said:

10:47 AM

I love back to school shopping too.

Every year my mom would take us out shopping. New clothes, new shoes, new back packs. But the stuff that made me happiest was picking out my new binder, the new paper I was going to have and best of all my new art suplies.

I loved picking out the clay and the tools for ceramics and the paints and brushes for art.

Now that my kids are old enough to start school I see a link between them and I.

Even though they prefer to grunt there answers out to every question I ask, and they can never seem to understand what a clothes hamper is for there is one thing we all have in common, they love picking out their paints too.

tracyTracy said:

10:46 AM

just bought my favorite pens for the fourth, and assuming i don’t fail, last year in a row!

Missvme said:

10:46 AM

I love to go back-to-school shopping, But this year I’m laggin’ behind! Only about a week and like 4 or somewhat days till School starts and I hardly have thing. I’m about to go to my school website and see what I need. ( I know!!! I don’t even know what I need for school!!!) I gotta go, Bye!!!

Christa said:

10:46 AM

Oh my God…Trace….I thought I was the only one who actually got excited about back-to-school shopping….I LOVE going notebook-paper-pricing with my brothers and my mom!!!

Missvme said:

10:45 AM

Hi. I already have a few school supplies…I mean i think i do….*looks around room* yeah thre’s the ruler and there’s…oh and anyways.. I liked you’re comic.

tracyTracy said:

10:45 AM

hey there, excellent comic… i remember the back-to-school supplies thing well, and the feeling that it was a whole new year!

warm fall said:

10:45 AM

where i live it’s warm all year round, but fall does remind me of new things…i guess because of school — i loved your story.

nostalgic said:

10:45 AM

Walking through the trees. Fall has a smell to it, the smell makes me feel sad in a long-lost love sort of way. The kind of melancholy you nurse with a cup of warm soup.

H. said:

10:44 AM

mine’s hot chocolate.

Dave said:

10:44 AM

I dig buying pens too. I’m not an artist, but I like to go to art stores and buy good drawing pens – the felt-tip kind. I love the feeling of those pens on paper, just for writing things.

Spiv said:

10:44 AM

Yeah, i think we all have a fall ritual of some kind that carries on long beyond the years when we have a first day at school. My fall ritual is buying new socks and black tights to replace all the ones from the year before that have holes in the toes. But it often takes me until november or december to get this ritual done, so I spend several months hiding my feet whenever I take my shoes off. My other fall ritual is cutting my hair. It give me a fresh start.

leah said:

10:43 AM

It’s amazing the rituals we create for ourselves without even realizing it. I’m not sure I have a fall routine, but in the last week or so before school when it’s still hot but I’m itching for the weather to cool down I always find myself listening to John Wesley Harding by Bob Dylan and reading Diane Di Prima books, especially Memoirs of a Beatnik.

thumper said:

10:43 AM

good timing for this story, today was the first cold day of fall, i like new pencils too, the erasers work best when they’re new 😉

tracyTracy said: